Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday Thank You




After the party was all done, it was time to start considering what to do for a thank you. Since I had already purchased the Simple Birthday Wishes stamp, I wanted to use it again. So after I looked for some ideas, I found this one online. Create a one sided sheet and people open the bottom to find the hidden message. I liked that I didn't have to write an entire message, but was able to make it personal by adding a few words. To make the bottom open up I decided to put a slit with my hobby blade in the side of the cupcake holder. As my sister and daughter cut out the bottoms, they left a flap attached to slide into the slit. Add a little glue and use the bone folder to make a nice, crisp fold to open. I did discover that a few words telling the person to open might be helpful, or they might think they just got a cupcake in the mail!
The colors for the paper I used are Lavendar Lace (retired), Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Tempting Turquiose, Very Vanilla, and Crushed Curry (retired).
The ink color I used is Elegent Eggplant.
My daughter colored in the cherry with a Blender Pen and Real Red.
My favorite part of this card though is the bottom. I love my Big Shot texture plates! It really
makes this cupcake look extra good!
The design was CASEd from Michele Moran.

No comments:

Post a Comment