Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Three C's


What are the three c's exactly? Camera, cord, and creating! First my camera died and the flash wouldn't work, then the cord to my USB port wouldn't work, so that meant no pictures could be uploaded to my computer! This wasn't going to stop me from CREATING!

I took the time to make some pretty awesome cards for some pretty awesome people! The first one is one I made for a good friend of mine who recently went through a tough time in her life. She lost a loved one, and I wanted to let her know I'm here for her and love her bunches! Not to mention how much I appreciate her protecting me from that cricket that jumped out at me from my Stampin' Up! box! That's another story for another time. (If you saw Kimberly's reaction on her video, then you can just apply that reaction to this situation.)
My friend purchased a new catalog from me and was admiring a lot of the new stamp sets. I of course had to point out my favorite ones. We both agreed that the "Elements of Style" is simply wonderful! Though I like the flower, my friend admired the swirly with floral. She also commented on how she liked the bird with the image inside of it. I of course knew I had to use those stamps to create a card.
The paper colors I used are Bravo Burgundy, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze.
The ink colors I used are Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, and Cajun Craze.
The tools I used are the Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, and the Eyelet Border Punch.
I added some Champagne Shimmer Paint to rubbing alcohol and put it in a little spray bottle so I could spray the entire card when I was finished. This gave it the sparkly look that you can somewhat see in this picture. Ever since I've learned that technique, I've added to it almost every card I've created, just to add a little something. Maybe that will become my signature with my cards!
Thanks to my upline, Jenny, who gave me the idea for the design.
I love this card so much I will be using it for my next workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment