Monday, August 16, 2010

A Week Filled with Stamping





I am so looking forward to this week! I have some exciting events coming up and I can't wait to get the chance to stamp with such amazing people! It all started today with my second mom. I went and saw her and taught her how to use the emboss resist technique to make some great Christmas cards with a snowflake stamp and sponges. She loved it so much and has realized what I've known all along...the VersaMark is a MUST for any stamper! After spending the day with her today, tomorrow I get to enjoy some time with a friend during her lunch break. She is always saying how she goes by my house, which is right by her work, and thinks how much she would like to come over and stamp. I told her she is welcome and so we set up a "play date." Can't wait to show her a new technique or two that she could use. I know she will LOVE to get a sneak peek at the new Holiday Mini. What is there not to love?!
Wednesday is a full day of stamping. It starts with a friend who is coming to my house to create a gift for her mother. We are going to use a 12 x 12 canvas to create a scrapbook page. That brings me to my picture. Since I had never created a canvas page before, I decided I would use my daughter's three year pictures. Now the other kids are jealous, so I will have to do the same for them. Being a perfectionist means there are some things I would've liked to have done differently and added, but this will do. My daughter LOVES it, and that is all that matters.
The paper colors I used are Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Garden Green.
The ink colors I used are Tempting Turquoise and VersaMark.
The stamp sets I used are Priceless and With All my Heart.
I used the Big Shot and my Beautiful Butterflies die, as well as Little Leaves.
I also included my retired Chit Chat Rub-ons.
Since I have so many events this week, there is much more to come! Come back again to see what my friends and I create!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment