Monday, August 2, 2010

It Finally Arrived!


Did I mention the awesome perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator? Not only do I receive awesome savings and get paid to stamp, but I also get free stuff!
I just recently joined a program through Stampin' Up! and am given assignments to complete each week. Yes, that's right, stamping school! :) I completed an assignment and was entered into a drawing to win a FREE stamp set of my choice. Although I debated getting the most expensive stamp set on my wish list, I decided to go with the stamp set I wanted the most. It is called "Elements of Style" and is a great stamp set to use just to stamp something quick and fill up the card. No layering or fancy stuff required. This stamp set speaks for itself.
I was so excited I received my free gift, I was like the guy from "The Christmas Story." I had to show it off right away. But don't worry, my gift is much more appropriate than a giant leg lamp. Love that movie! Makes me laugh everytime!
Back to my story now: My daughter told me the UPS man came, I ran to the door, ripped open the package, and immediately put the stamp set together. I then made my way down to the dungeon AKA: My Stamping Room. (It's in the basement.) The first card I created demonstrates how easy this stamp set can create an elegent card with just paper and an ink pad. Although I did more to the card, it could've been made without all the bells and whistles.
The paper colors I used are Early Espresso and Crumb Cake. Both are apart of our new Color Renovation.
The ink colors I used are Early Espresso and Soft Suede.
I sponged the outside of the Crumb Cake paper with Soft Suede ink. The hummingbird is Early Espresso ink, but I stamped off first to make it lighter. After using VersaMark with Early Espresso ink, clear embossing powder, and a heat gun on the floral part, I colored in the leaves with an Aqua Painter and Old Olive ink. Although you can't see it, the flowers are colored in with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. I really like adding some sparkle to my cards.
This card was CASEd from Cathy North.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Card....thanks for the idea...simple and sweet!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete